We had more phone calls than I was expecting today, so the shift passed quickly. Unfortunately, Angela had another issue when she cashed up, which made me late leaving. Keith actually came looking for me!
We drove home, and the traffic was already bad on the A45. It was even worse when Sophie left, and she was held up by an accident. I started cooking the paella for tonight and did most of the preparations before Sophie took over. The meal was as lovely as always, with more than enough left for lunches!
The news is still full of the fires breaking out in France, with one of the worst near Bordeaux. I just hope the vineyards near the city haven't been affected... can you imagine? Apart from a tiny amount of rain here yesterday morning, which probably dried up the minute it hit the grass, there is no more for us in the forecast. And we have high temperatures forecast for Wednesday, when thankfully, I am not at work!
No comments:
Post a Comment