Wednesday, 22 July 2026

A little discombobulated!

Olive was booked in for an MOT today, so we dropped her off at an In and Out centre at 8:15 am and went to a nearby Costa for a coffee. Inside the café, it was warm, and the ceiling-mounted air conditioning units were clearly not working. Sophie and I both ordered a flat white each, and they were not good. No lovely velvety froth at all!

After dropping Sophie at work, we returned home, and Keith decided to tackle the bushes in the back garden. I had a list of things I had to get done, but I sat at the kitchen island so I could see him working. It was quite cool in the garden and perfect for getting the job done.

Once I'd finished my list of chores, I went out to help and held onto the stepladder for him. I then raked everything up, and we put it into a large Hippo bag to take to the tip. The bush that Keith had been pruning has long, sharp spikes, and his arms were covered in scratches! I made a booking for the tip, and then we managed to get the unwieldy bag into the boot of the car. I also had another box of garden rubbish that needed disposing of, so I lifted it onto the back seats, where the bottom of the box promptly disintegrated, spewing grass, soil and weeds everywhere. I was not happy! We managed to transfer everything to two smaller boxes, and I attempted to hoover everything up! This was becoming the theme of my week! 

At the appointed time, we drove to Brixworth and managed to heave the huge bag into the skip. Even if we had taken out the garden bin subscription, we still would have had to do this, as there was so much rubbish!

Back home, we both showered and drove to collect Sophie from work. Olive had failed her MOT because of a tyre, and Sophie hadn't managed to get back to the garage in time to authorise the work as she'd been in meetings all morning. Olive would have to stay overnight! Sophie finished at 4:00pm today, and we called into a Bewiched coffee at Billing for a matcha each, which was delicious. The café overlooked the lake at Billing and huge geese were wandering around the car park. For some strange reason, I had asked Keith to come with me (I was a bit confused!) even though we weren't bringing two cars home... It's all been a bit much for my little brain today! I had fifteen emails this morning from my new employer with training courses I have to complete before I start, so I was a bit discombobulated!

I had an appointment at the Back and Body clinic at 5:00pm, so Sophie came with me, and we had a great chat with Gabriel. The shock wave machine didn't work at first, and I thought I'd got away with it, but someone fixed it, so I had my final session. And, yes... it hurt!

Back home, Keith and I played cards, while Sophie finished the book I'd bought for her - The Island of Missing Trees by Elif Shafak. She had enjoyed it, which was great as it's always a risk buying a book for someone else!

No comments: