By 9:30am, I had run out of work to do, which was alarming. I had polished the moan report, sorted out the playscheme places and answered all the emails... if I wasn't leaving, how would I fill my time? I felt a bit emotional today, and it's started to dawn on me that next week I will be working for someone else. How could I have gone from being so busy at times that I didn't have a spare minute, to running out of things to do so early in the day?
Angela and Jo asked if our MD had said anything to me, and the answer was still no. I noticed that when he came into the office, he didn't make a beeline for the chocolates, as he normally would. I suppose taking one would have prompted him to say something!
At 4:00pm, I hugged Claire, Angela and Jo and said that we must try and stay in touch. I know it will take a while for me to shake off the loyalty I feel to my present company, especially when the soft play centres are such a personal issue for me.
I drove home feeling a bit mopey and pottered about until Sophie arrived. We all sat and watched a documentary about a foiled terror plot, which led to liquids being banned on flights. It was very interesting and terrifying to think what could have happened!
Dinner tonight was cold meats, frozen (it's a long story) salad and crispy potatoes. After dinner, we watched World War II with Tom Hanks, the D-Day Landings. It was terrible seeing so many young men going off to almost certain death.
I'm hoping tomorrow I will feel a bit more cheerful!
No comments:
Post a Comment