Tuesday 2 July 2024

Tense Tuesday!

Yesterday, Keith took me to work, which is how it'll be from now on. He'll give me a lift on Monday and Thursday and then trek over to Kettering to do the shopping. I'm in two minds about whether to get another car as it will put a lot of pressure on the VW, but it'll be better to just have two cars on the driveway, rather than squeezing three on!

Work was busy and stressful, as we had identified a problem with the direct debit payments of some customers and I was given the job to call them. This meant that I didn't have time to tackle a lot of emails or put on the swim camps. I also received six weeks' worth of holiday activities to put on! It's a good job I can stagger them!

At 4pm I drove home and relaxed. Sophie cooked dinner entirely as Keith and I hadn't done anything. It was a chicken pasta bake so I just thought we'd cook off the meat, add a sauce and the pasta and bung it in the oven. Sophie had other ideas, though, and chopped up a load of onions, peppers and carrots and then made a salad! Keith and I sat and played cards while she cooked but I said it was my turn tomorrow when I try and re-create a German sausage and potato soup!

We watched a mixture of tennis and football this evening and saw two British players go through at Wimbledon!

No comments: