Wednesday 3 July 2024

A little torture...

I had booked an appointment at the beauty salon for an upper lip electrolysis session and an eyebrow shape this morning, so no long lie-in for me today! Keith came with me and sat in the car outside while I was being tortured (the electrolysis session hurt), but it was all over by about 10.15am, thank goodness! 

We drove to Riverside to get the new (old) plates for my Audi, which cost me £36... this business of replacing number plates is not cheap! The weather had turned horrible, with a grey drizzle drenching everything, so we decided to have a coffee at the Costa cafĂ© in Next before popping into Homebase, which was closing down and advertising big discounts on everything, except, curiously enough, white emulsion paint?!

We sat and enjoyed a coffee in Next, and then walked the short distance to Homebase. I was looking for a bargain garden table and chairs, but the only set I liked was still very expensive! It was sad in there as Homebase has been a presence on Riverside for decades, and I had no idea until today that they were closing down. With Wilko's next door also empty, it's a bit worrying.

Keith splashed out on a tube of glue and we returned to the car, getting soaked in the process. Back home, we pootled about doing jobs, and Keith put the number plates on the car, I also tried to get an online valuation for it, but the DVLA hadn't updated their records yet, so officially, it didn't exist! They should be sending me the new logbook this week and I'll look into selling it then. I will be very sad.

In the afternoon I made tonight's dinner - a potato soup which I gently simmered to cook the onions and potatoes. It smelt lovely as it gently cooked.

Dinner was a success. I shallow fried slices of frankfurter sausage and added them to the soup and we enjoyed a cheese flatbread as an accompaniment. It was simple, but filling and delicious!

No comments: