Tuesday 28 August 2007

Restaurant reviews Mallorca 2007

Tiberi, Puerto Pollensa - August 28th 2007

Unfortunately, the most memorable thing about this great, informal and friendly restaurant for me was the heat the night we ate there! It was seriously hot and humid and the fans at Bony’s were working overtime as we sat and had a drink, so when we left to walk to Tiberi just around the corner, the heat settled on us all like a heavy blanket.

Tiberi was lively and busy when we visited. We hadn’t booked a table but it was quite early and we were shown to our seats straight away. The menu is like a little book and has plenty of choices. We chose from the varied Tapas menu for our starters with hubby deciding on the onion rings and the rest of us going for the nachos covered in cheese. In hindsight, I wish we’d chosen just two starters as the portions were huge and all my son did was pick off the cheese and eat that! Hubby was overjoyed to find onion rings on the menu as they’re his favourite and he said they were delicious.

For our main courses, we chose chicken wings, hamburgers and a pork steak in sauce. Again, the portion sizes were large but the food was very good. Each meal was accompanied by chips and my only complaint was that they were a little greasy. I was unable to finish my meal because it was so large and I must have drunk about a gallon of water in an attempt to cool down.

The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was great with lots of people eating and a constant procession walking past.

I’ll look forward to going back and being able to do justice to my main course next time!

No comments: