Wednesday 1 May 2024

Getting things done!

I had an optician's appointment at 11am today, so after a little lie-in and a shower, we set off for the Weston Favell Centre, the first time we'd been in ages.

I managed a quick coffee before my appointment, and Keith went off to find a secondhand book to read while he waited. My appointment was done in half an hour and I was wearing varifocal lenses, allowing me to see long distances and read simultaneously! They were great!

Keith and I popped to Tesco to buy toiletries for Mum and Dad, Factor 50 sunscreen for Sophie (it's going to be hot in Marrakesh) and something for our lunch. We met Jeanette in Tesco, who used to work for us when we had the soft play business, so we chatted for a while. I couldn't believe we hadn't seen her since covid!

Back home, we had lunch and then I spent the afternoon busying myself with jobs that needed doing. I wrote a list and managed to tick them all off!

Dinner this evening was beef in a black bean sauce with rice, expertly cooked by Sophie, which was delicious with more than enough left for lunch tomorrow!

No comments: