Tuesday 30 April 2024

A few miles on the clock!

Work was a tad stressful this morning as Emma came back to work with us, and Sheila had difficulty logging her onto the new phone system, so I had to take calls until lunchtime. Luckily, I wasn't facing as many emails as yesterday, and by the end of the afternoon, I had cleared them all.

The temperature in the car was registering just over 23c when I drove home, but it cooled down a little throughout the journey. I looked down at my mileometer and realised I would reach 185,000 miles on the way! Wow! That's a lot of mileage! My Audi still drives well, but the electrics are playing up a bit at the moment and the radio kept turning itself off!

As the weather had been so much better today, Keith had mowed the lawn so that looked a lot neater. I pootled about and when Sophie came home we watched half of another episode of Masterchef before dinner. We also booked our Airbnb for December and we're staying in a lovely house right next to the Calvari steps in Pollenca. We started looking at restaurants but we'll have to find out what will be open nearer the time! I'm hoping that there will be a good selection in both the old town and the port to choose from. 

Keith wrapped himself up and went to see Sileby play, and Sophie and I binge-watched Masterchef, so that's it for this week. No more newbies and next week is Knock-out week, but I'll have to wait until Sophie returns from Marrakesh to see the next three episodes. Talking of which, she noted that the temperature there is set to 40c. Now, that is hot!

No comments: