Thursday 2 May 2024

I lose my blob...

I had a busy shift at work today - 70 emails were waiting for me to sort out, so the time flew by. At 2pm. I set out to collect Mum from the care home to take her to her nail appointment. I reached the A43 and saw a long line of stationary traffic in the distance...

I waited a little while, but the vehicles up ahead were moving slowly, so I made the decision to turn around and take the country road through the villages, eventually joining the A43 again at Mawlsey. I was late picking Mum up and hoped she'd be waiting for me in reception.

She wasn't. I had to go to the room where she was just getting up from the sofa. I lost my temper because I'd asked her to meet me in reception when she'd called yesterday, and it helps so much if she's ready to go. I hustled her back downstairs and out to the car,  but I knew we were going to be late, so I messaged Natalia to let her know.

Back on the A43, I drove like a maniac and we were only, in the end, two minutes late. On the way, though, I'd said I was getting a little fed up with being treated like a skivvy and said that Dad only sees me as someone to get him things. It seems like whenever I walk into their room, he asks for something, and there are never any questions about how we all are, and how the children are. I'm not proud of my outburst, but I was stressed because of the traffic and because on a Thursday afternoon, I'd really rather be doing something else than driving on the hectic A43 between Northampton and Kettering...three times!

So, it wasn't the most pleasant of journeys, but at least I could relax while Mum was having her nails seen to. I dropped her back off at about 4.30pm and gave her the bag of toiletries that I'd bought for them both yesterday. We'd made up on the way home, but things were still a little tense!

Back home, I pootled about and Sophie made us a delicious paella for dinner, enjoyed with a bottle of the Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon. A good end to a somewhat stressful day!

No comments: