Sunday 28 April 2024

Getting squiffy...

The weather today has been horrible with torrential rain and heavy, grey skies. Sophie and I went to Tesco at Kettering to do some shopping and the roads on the way over were flooded. When is this rain ever going to stop?

Before going home, we called to see Mum and Dad and tried to get Netflix up and running again. However, there was a long wait on the phone so we gave up and just had a chat. The next time I visit I'll have to try again. I'm so annoyed with myself for not remembering the email address I used and the password!

Back home, we had lunch and tackled some jobs. There's always so much to do! I hoovered and mopped the kitchen and conservatory floors, Sophie prepared our breakfasts and lunches for tomorrow, and Keith chopped up a load of vegetables for tonight's dinner and bashed some pork fillets ready to be breadcrumbed. I also made banana and chocolate muffins as we had four brown bananas languishing in the fruit bowl. 

Vikesh came over to see Sophie and, as the rain had stopped, they went out for a walk. I treated myself to a muffin and a small glass of Calvados, which started a bit of a drinking spree...

When they got back Sophie wanted a glass of Calvados with her muffin, and as the old bottle was finished, we opened another... I had to try it to compare, so I poured myself another glass...

I sat with Vikesh and Sophie in the kitchen and read the papers while they chatted. We had a laugh at some old photographs of Sophie and she made us a Bourbon cocktail, followed by another, they were so good! We declared we didn't want the dinner we'd planned so we munched on sesame breadsticks with hummus instead!

Vikesh went home and Sophie and I sat in the living room where we watched the final episode of the documentaries about Indian railways, and then I made her watch Little Buddha, one of my favourite films. She wasn't keen at all, so we switched off the film and watched some more Come Dine With Me episodes. We decided to have another drink each which, on reflection, wasn't a wise idea... 

By bedtime, we were both feeling more than a little squiffy and collapsing in laughter over silly things. This is all well and good but not on a Sunday night when we have to be up early for work the next day!

No comments: