Saturday 27 April 2024

Two days in one...

Friday

I know I say it every Friday, but the time has truly flown by at an alarming rate this week! It was my last day doing the cash-ups, thank goodness, but Sara is off after today, so I'll be solely responsible for the emails!

It was great to escape at 4pm and go home. Keith wasn't at the pub this evening, so he cooked a delicious curry for dinner, and Sophie and I enjoyed nibbles and wine while we relaxed before dinner. We have been watching old episodes of Come Dine With Me lately; some are hilarious!

Saturday

After a relaxing morning watching Saturday Kitchen Live, drinking coffee, and eating hot cross buns with Nutella, Sophie and I went to Kingsley Beauty Salon for a facial. Sophie had booked the beauty treatments as a treat, and I was looking forward to being cosseted for an hour! The owner of the salon was on the reception desk, and while we waited for our appointment we had a good chat. In the past, she's been a bit of a dragon but I think she's mellowed! She's now 72 and she said her Mum had been in the day before to get her "whiskers" removed, and is 101 years of age! How wonderful!

At the start of my lovely Hydradermie facial, I was wrapped in towels and I tried hard to relax. I expect it's because a complete stranger is getting very close to me and massaging my face, neck and shoulders! The facial was wonderful and the therapist used two different kinds of machines on my face, no doubt to deep clean and gently exfoliate my skin. I felt wonderful afterwards and slightly woozy! I also booked an appointment to look into getting rid of troublesome hairs with electrolysis but I have a feeling that may be more painful!

On the way home, we were naughty and enjoyed a McDonalds treat for lunch... It was definitely an indulgent day! Keith had gone to see Sileby play at Burton Latimer so it was wonderful to relax on the sofa and cuddle the cats. Outside it was grey and drizzly, and we have more rain forecast tomorrow.

Sophie and I enjoyed bourbon cocktails again this evening with pureed raspberries and Sophie put the finishing touches to our dinner of chicken casserole. She put a packet of gnocchi in with the casserole, and we had lots of vegetables to accompany the meal.

I introduced Sophie to Ever Decreasing Circles this evening, much to the disgust of Keith who went upstairs to watch the snooker. I picked out three hilarious episodes which had us both in stitches!

No comments: