Monday 7 October 2024

Back to reality!

It was back to normality today and work for both Sophie and me, although my daughter was working from home and taking part in an online management training course.

Keith ran me to work as he had to go to Tesco again and I had a busy shift, catching up with Sara and  Sheila and dealing with as many emails as possible. I was amazed to see Sara's desk laden with chocolates and sweets when I arrived, so I've kept my contribution back for a week! 

At 4pm, Keith picked me up and we had an awful journey home, due to a bad accident on the A43. He had seen ambulances and a fire engine go past on the way to collect me and looking back, it would have made more sense to go another way home. We crawled from the A43 roundabout down to Holcot because of the new chicane, parked cars and the part where the road narrows. The small village just couldn't cope with the volume of traffic.

Sophie was tired from her training and having to deal with Mooney who was in and out of the conservatory all day. He is bringing small rodents in on a daily basis now, either dead or alive, and I dread to think what will happen when we have the cat flap fitted. We'll have to keep the double doors into the kitchen firmly closed or the house will be overrun with furry creatures!

Keith cooked a delicious chilli for dinner and afterwards, it was time to exercise our brains with the fiendishly difficult Only Connect, and then University Challenge, which I thought posed hard questions this evening!

No comments: