Tuesday 15 October 2024

A noisy office!

Sophie was back at the gym this morning and feeling a lot better, thank goodness. I had another busy shift at work and managed to get a lot done, but it was a noisy office today (as it so often is on a Tuesday) and I really had to concentrate when I was answering emails.

Before dinner this evening, Keith and I played cards and he thrashed me! I don't know why sometimes I win all the games and he loses, and vice versa! We both love playing cards, though and we'd never be bored if we were stuck somewhere and we had a pack of cards with us!

Sophie cooked tonight and we had a lovely cheesy cauliflower and broccoli dish served with chicken Kiyvs. Afterwards, we watched an interesting documentary on rationing during the war and I wondered what would happen if we ever had to re-introduce something like that again. I remember the empty shelves at the beginning of the pandemic and how awful it was to see staples like pasta, flour and loo rolls disappear!

No comments: