Tuesday 8 October 2024

A dose of the holiday blues!

To my dismay, the A43 was still closed this morning, so the traffic was heavy on the way to work. I later found out that two men had sadly died on Monday afternoon, and this just confirms the loathing I have for this section of the road. It needs to be widened into a dual carriageway, but I can't see that happening for many years.

I had fewer emails to deal with today, and I was able to put most of the swim camps on for the October half-term, which is rapidly approaching! I did have a dose of the holiday blues, though! Outside, it was raining, and I kept thinking of the Provencal sunshine and the fields of beautiful vines!

Unbelievably, the A43 was still closed, so I decided to go home via Brixworth. When I arrived, Sophie was looking stressed after another day of training and dealing with Mooney-cat, who was constantly asking for attention, and in and out all the time. I think she was longing to go back to her office with no distractions and interruptions!

When she finished work, she prepared a pasta dish, and we opened a bottle of Italian red wine to accompany the meal. Keith and I played cards while she pootled about chopping vegetables and preparing the meal. We put the heating on in the kitchen as it was a chilly night!

No comments: