Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Frustrations!

I decided to concentrate on the cinema admin today and arranged a meeting with one of the staff from our support hub to go through how to input the films again. I asked if I could record the meeting, so I had it for reference later, but I still struggled, especially with resizing the film stills that had to be uploaded to our website. In my old job, our marketing manager did this, and I have had no training on this aspect at all!

It was extremely frustrating, and I hated that I didn't know what I was doing. I've had no training on Teams either, which I loathe - seeing myself on the screen is a form of torture - and the young man who I had the meeting with must have thought I was a complete idiot as he sent me stuff via the portal, which I then couldn't find. I went through exactly what he told me to do with resizing the images on Adobe Express, but it wouldn't work. I even enlisted the help of two of our younger staff, but they were perplexed as well!

I had a long, hard think about this job on the drive home; I gave up my old position in which I knew how to do almost everything, to go through the ordeal of not having a clue most of the time what I'm doing, and having nobody with me to help. Dan is off sick still, and will be for the next month at least, so I don't have him as a sounding board.

Back at home, I relaxed on the sofa with Sophie, who had a headache and then fell asleep. We left Keith to cook dinner tonight and afterwards went upstairs to watch episode six of The Little Drummer Girl. It was riveting!

No comments: