Friday 20 May 2005

Restaurant reviews Mallorca 2005

Mixed Tapas and More, at El Posito - Puerto Pollensa

Tony (I am sure it was the famous Tony mentioned on these pages) is a brilliant salesman.

We had decided to go in for a light lunch of Tapas as our evening destination was A Punt.

As we walked in, Tony directed us to a table and told us the lamb was beautiful today. I rushed off to the loo (spotlessly clean, by the way) and when I got back I could see that hubby was hooked. Baa!!

I was still determined to experience tapas so we ended up with the mixed tapas as a starter (meatballs, cuttlefish, mushrooms in a sauce and potato salad) as well as a huge joint of lamb! Baa!

The food was delicious (as I was promised it would be) and what an atmosphere!! Very busy and buzzing with Spanish. Also a lot of workmen enjoying their Menu del Dia and Tony rushing around fulfilling everyone's needs.

Tucked away as it is down a side street I would NEVER have gone in, but was glad I did. Very friendly service and at the end of the meal we were offered a glass (or two!) of the "Herbes de Mallorca" which was a sweet aniseed drink and looked like olive oil. The bottle was left on the table and our glasses topped up by a young, very friendly waiter.

So, there's a reprieve for all you who recommended El Posito - no eating at Burger King!!

Right, just off now to trim my woolly coat!!

Bill was 35 euros, including drinks.

P.S. - Forgot to say that we never made it to A Punt - at 9pm we were still full and it would have been a shame to eat at A Punt and not really appreciate the food. One to try in August!

No comments: