Friday 27 September 2024

Getting ready!

I was facing a day of answering the phone because Sara hadn't been able to arrange any cover for Sharon. I was just hoping for a quiet day because my manager was on annual leave, and I wanted to try and clear all the emails before I left.

We had a pleasant start to the day, and when the phone lines opened, the calls weren't too bad. As I had predicted, the day passed quickly as I was so busy. At 4pm, I logged out of our telephone system and breathed a sigh of relief!

Keith had driven me again and had been to Tesco to buy some toiletries for Mum and Dad to tide them over. We sped over to Kettering, he dropped me off and went to top up with petrol, and I sat with my parents for half an hour while he was gone. Mum was delighted with her bag of goodies and I said I would call them when we reached our final destination in France on Sunday.

Back home, I packed my and Keith's clothes and tidied up the house. I hate packing and we were sharing one suitcase, so by the time I'd finished it was full!

We were a bit bickery with each other this evening. We were all tired, and it had been a busy week. I managed to sit down with Sophie and enjoy a glass of wine for about twenty minutes, and then it was time to cook a very easy supper and do more preparations for tomorrow.

I was not looking forward to getting up at 2.30am, that's for sure!

No comments: